Friday, November 30, 2007

What's in a Name?

OK, I'm dork. I'm pretty sure I've told you all that before, so you shouldn't be surprised by anything you read on this blog. Anyway, I love it each year when Ellie's preschool puts out its annual classroom directory. I love going through it and looking at all the kid's names. It's my little window on the world of names out there. I know it's not a huge sampling, but it gives you an idea of what's popular- around here anyway. I just got the one for this year. I went through it and wrote down some interesting names and some names that are in there a lot. First of all there are 206 kids in the school- yes I counted. Told you I was a dork. There are 2 Ellie's (including mine) and 2 Ella's. 2 Logan's too. There are several Madison's, Maddie's, and Madeline's (of different spellings). 1 Grace, 1 Carter, 1 Jacob, 2 Ethan's, no Tye, no Austin, no Charlize, and no Adam. I just wanted to get those out of the way cause I know you were all wondering, as I always am. The other popular names (at least 2 of each) included Reese, Nathan, Mason, Dakota, Sydney, Olivia, Rachel, Alex, Abby, Dylan, Zach and Zachary, Tyler, Jackson, Lauren and Nicholas. I also noticed several "different" names I wanted to mention- Riddick, Hadley, Miller, Kinley, Keegan, Coen, Hudson, Kiley, Deegan, Dakin, Piper, Caysen, Kierani, Gahyeon, and Meade. And a couple "old fashioned" names too- Penny, Helen, and Gretchen. And this one poor kid- Ryan Loser. I would have to change my name if my kid was going to go thru life dealing with that. I just find all of this really fun and interesting. Hope you do too!

Have a Great Day!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I think that's really interesting too! I love dorky little Mindy. :)

Jennifer said...

Your blogs always make me laugh Mindy!

erica said...

I'm wondering if Keegan and Deegan are twins?