Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Miss Ellie

What can I say about my sweet girl? She's a girly girl and I love that. I was a girly girl and I'm so glad she is too. I don't know what I would have done if she'd have been a tomboy. She's definitely not. From the time she was about 6-8 months old she started trying to hoist a purse up on her shoulder just like her mom. And from even before she talked much, she loved shoes! She would go over to ladies with pretty shoes on and try to take them off so she could wear them. Ask Sammy, she experienced this firsthand. And for the last 2 years or so, (She's almost 3 1/2) just walking by the shoe dept. is a major ordeal. I could go up and down the toy aisle with her and not hear too much of I want this or that, but if I go near the shoes I never hear the end of it. She loves dresses and skirts too, but will wear pants if I need her to. She's not quite as bad as her cousin Grace, who dresses like a princess- literally, with veils, tiaras, long white gloves, etc. most everyday and everywhere. She loves princesses like Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, etc. She loves dressing up her polly pockets and Barbies. You know I counted like 15 Barbies in her room the other day. I had no idea she had that many. She loves them. She likes baby dolls and plays with them too, but given the choice she'll take a Barbie with a beautiful dress any day.
She's always been a happy child. She's a good eater and sleeper (most of the time). This whole potty training thing has been a challenge for us though. Gosh it seems like we've been "training" forever. Don't let anyone tell you, "girls potty train earlier" or "first borns walk later than second children". It's all a crap shoot, literally sometimes, as in the case of potty training. First, second, boy, girl- you just never know. As Forrest Gump would say "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get." And so are children. I try to remember that and I try not to compare them. It's easier not to compare when you have a boy and a girl I think, than two of the same because boys and girls are inherently different. Things have gotten much better on the potty training front, but we still have accidents. At least I'm not still buying diapers or pull-ups. Man, I hate to even speculate how much money we spent on diapers over the last 6 years. Yikes!! But, I digress... Back to Ellie.

I wonder what she'll be when she grows up. She says she wants to be a mommy. I hope she does. Maybe she'll do something with fashion. That seems to be her biggest interest in her whole 3 years and amost 4 months on this planet. I'm sure that she will change alot in the coming years though. I can't (nor do I want to) imagine what the teenage years are going to be like. Shoes, clothes, make up, aggghhhhh!! She already loves the mall too. The other day we asked the kids if they'd rather go to the zoo or the mall and she chose the mall. We're definitely in trouble. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

4 comments:

Shannan Riemer said...

I love the look on her face in the picture on the potty chair. My guess is that she will be the next editor in cheif for vogue and a mommy.

Lisa said...

She is such a pretty little girl! I want one just like her. :)

erica said...

She's such a beautiful little girl. We're lucky to have little Ellie. OMG, I sound like Mom!!!

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, I love the potty picture!