Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Countdown to Thanksgiving


So I know it's already Tuesday, but my official countdown to Thanks-giving is just beginning. Logan had school Monday and Tuesday, so now that he's out and I don't have kids to take to school or pick up from school it really feels like the holidays are starting. Today was pretty productive. I wasn't really planning on it being that way, but I was stuck at home waiting for someone- who incidentally never showed up- so I was in a mind-set of how much can I get done today since I'm going to be here anyway. I guess it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Ellie was here, of course, since she's in preschool on MWF, and she was very cooperative in letting me get stuff done. I vacuumed, straightened, did laundry, did dishes, swept, recovered the cushions on my bar stools and cleaned up my horrid office/guest room/hell room. It's basically the room no one sees that I can quickly stash stuff in when I need to and it gets very full, very quickly. My sister, Susan, will be staying with us Wed. and Thurs. so I had to get it in shape. I also gave the dog a bath, trimmed his nails and cleaned out his ears. Anyway, it was a "productive" day that I can feel good about and not feel like I wasted a day. So I feel like I'm pretty ready for Thanksgiving, especially since it's not at my house this year- woo hoo. Poor Erica, she decided to have it at her house since it would be easier with Carter taking a nap. Then she found out that her beloved cleaning lady had changed phone numbers and she couldn't get a hold of her to help her get her house ready, so now they're stuck doing it all themselves! I'm sure it will look wonderful. Erica and I are going to try and finish our owls before Thanksgiving so we can give them to the kids. Won't that be a Hoot!! hahaha I know, I crack myself up too. Hopefully we'll get them done soon so we can post some pics. The pic above is of some Thanksgiving "art" my lovely children brought home from school. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, you did have a productive day! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

erica said...

Thanks for outing me on the maid : ) One thing's for sure. I'm thankful I got her new number!