Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Least Favorite Things about Christmas

(That was us last year! Hopefully we can get a better picture this year.)

If you haven't read my blog from yesterday- scroll down and read that one first. It'll make more sense that way.

My Least Favorite Things about Christmas

1. Scratching the hell out of my arms putting the lights on the tree so I can watch them glow.

2. Shopping for, keeping hidden and wrapping all of the presents that make the kids eyes light up on Christmas morning.

3. Christmas carols starting to play in November 1st in stores.

4. Cleaning up the hellacious mess that making Christmas cookies with the kids makes.

5. Wishing the threat, "Don't be bad because Santa's watching you!" would work better.

6. Reading "The Night Before Christmas" to the kids- over and over and over...

7. Getting together with my whole family for a Christmas celebration.

8. Feeling rather irritated about the horribly crowded stores and parking lots that the Christmas season brings.

9. Having to spend so much "Quality Time" with my family over the Christmas vacation.

10. Taking the kids to get their pictures taken in their special holiday attire and needing a stiff drink afterward.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You are so funny! I love these two posts! :)

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, Mindy you crack me up!

erica said...

Hee hee! I love the picture of Ellie squirming away.