Friday, November 16, 2007

The boy's still sick!!

(Doesn't he look sweet sleeping this way?) Yes, he's sick again, or still sick I guess, depending on how you look at it. I woke up to check on him this morning and took his temp around 6:45. It was 103. I told him he wasn't going to school so he should go back to sleep. I wasn't sure how that would work since he's usually a bright-eyed, bushy-tailed morning boy, but this morning he wasn't. I kept checking on him throughout the morning while I made him a Dr. appt., got ready, took Ellie to school and stopped by the grocery store (Stu was still home) and when I got back at 9:35 he was still in bed. I was starting to really worry because in his whole life he's never- NEVER- stayed in bed that late. We went to the Dr. and they did a chest X-ray, CBC (complete blood count) to check his white cells, and Flu test. They all came back normally. The Dr. said the Radiologist told her it was bronchitis. She said she never really knew what that meant in kids. She said it wasn't pneumonia like he had before, but it could be a slight case of walking pneumonia or it could just be yet another virus. She gave him Zythromax (an antibiotic) and told me to have him use his albuterol inhaler for his asthma to make sure his airways stay clear. Poor baby had fever all day, but it didn't get really high this time. I didn't give him any fever reducer at all in hopes that the fever would do it's thing and kill whatever needed killing. Also, I wanted him to rest and not run around from an artificial sense of feeling good that the medicine would give him. So hopefully he'll be better soon and stay better.

I also tried another recipe tonight. This time it was Sloppy joes. They were pretty good. I feel like they could have used a little more flavor or sweetness or something. I might put in some brown sugar next time. Also, I need to cut up the celery smaller to hide it from the kids. All in all it wasn't a total success or failure. I think I'll just have to fiddle with the recipe a little.

I wanted to include a funny picture of Ellie since I've been talking about Logan so much lately. Look at that sweet little face!
FYI-she had no accidents of any kind today. Yay!!!!!!!

2 comments:

erica said...

Poor Logan and poor mommy. I think your strategy of letting the fever burn is a good one. Kill those bad boys once and for all.

Jennifer said...

I have learned so much from your blogs about sickness and fevers. I hope he feels better soon. Poor guy.