Monday, November 26, 2007

My Thanksgiving "vacation"

Hello all! I know it's been a while since I've blogged. I was totally out of pocket this last week. Wednesday was a blur with my oldest sister, Susan, arriving and spending all afternoon cooking for Thurs. Erica, her rug rats and my Dad came by as well and we had pizza for dinner since no one felt like cooking anything else. Thursday was of course very busy. We didn't go to Erica's until around noon, but all morning was spent cooking and getting everyone ready as well. We had a great time with all of our family there. It included me, Stu, Logan, Ellie, my Mom, her husband Jerry, my Dad, Erica, Ray, Grace, Carter, Ray's Mom and her boyfriend, my sister Susan, my brothers Jeff and Chris (y'all don't know them-They are much older from my Dad's previous marriage) Chris's son, Collin, and Erica and Ray's good friend, "uncle" Dave. It was a pretty full house (18 if I counted correctly), but we had a great time. Nothing but smooth sailing. I thought the food was good too.







We gave the kids their owls. I think we liked them better than they did. In fact Grace threw hers to the end of the bed just after receiving it.

We played a game after dinner- Battle of the Sexes. I'm sorry to say that the Men won. It was fun anyway. We didn't get back until like 8 and put the kids to bed then we had to pack to leave for Houston by 9am!! We did it though. I was exhausted. I didn't really have access to a computer there because Garrick (Stu's 17 year old brother) is on the thing constantly. He plays some game where he wears a headset and talks to his friends who are also playing. Anyway, that's my excuse for not blogging more. But, I'm back now and will hopefully do better! Hope you all had a great holiday too.

The picture to the right was yesterday when Logan decided to give his 42 lb sister a piggy back ride! Keep in mind he only weighs 53 lbs!

As you can see, Ellie didn't want me to take this picture. This was Thanksgiving morning when it was really chilly and they wanted to go out and play. I made them totally bundle up!

I also wanted to include some pics of the "other" side of the fam. This is Stu's mom working on our 750 piece puzzle. (yes, we didn't get very far.) And Logan and Ellie with Grandpa Gary and his dogs Braxton and Chloe.

2 comments:

erica said...

My, what a beautiful turkey! The pictures of the kids are cute. Logan looks like he may need a new scarf... Every time I hear of a person or animal named Braxton, I can only think of contractions!

Lisa said...

It sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving! I missed your blogs and I'm happy to see you are back!