Monday, November 12, 2007

Poor sick boy

My sweet Logan. He's been sick a lot in his short little life. Especially when he was 4. That was a rough year. He was sick at least once a month and even had pneumonia. We also found out then that he has asthma and when we went to the allergist he was allergic to 21 out of the 25 things they tested him for. Bummer. But, his asthma is really mild and he hasn't had any problems with that in over a year. He gets really high fevers a lot. At first I would get really worried when I'd see 104. And at 105, well I was panicking- putting him in a luke-warm bath, calling the nurse hot line, etc. Now unfortunately, those are pretty routine fevers for him. Last year he was only sick enough to miss school twice the whole year. It was great. This year so far he's had a sinus infection (2 weeks ago) and now some sort of virus (so says the doctor today). This virus he's got is giving me fits. He started having fever on Saturday and today he had 105 twice and even 106 for a little while. You're probably freaking out, as I would have if I hadn't been thru this with him too many times to count. He just burns really hot for some reason. It takes a lot for him to be laying around on the couch all afternoon, so I know he must feel lousy. I just hope he gets better soon so he can get back to school and having fun with his friends like he wants to. Poor little guy. He looks pathetic doesn't he. I'm kind of a sucker when he's sick and he knows it. He always winds up getting some sort of "prize" which means a toy of some sort. Today I got off pretty easy getting him some powdered sugar donuts and a 75% off Halloween toy. We'll see what tomorrow brings...

(By the way Erica, I'll have you know that this is the 7th day in a row that I've posted on my blog!)

4 comments:

erica said...

OMG, that picture makes me want to cry. He looks so sad and puny. Hopefully, the super hot fever will kill whatever's ailing him very quickly. I wonder if he knows that he could use this illness to get many, many "prizes"? Maybe it's time for a call from Aunt Erica... Wow, 7 days in a row. I'm impressed.

erica said...

Love the new blog background and font. Much easier on the old eyeballs.

Shannan Riemer said...

How could you not buy him prizes when they look helpless? Poor baby!

Lisa said...

Poor Logan! That's crazy that his fever gets so high! I hope he feels better soon. I'm glad he likes his Superman blanket. :)