Saturday, November 3, 2007

Logan's Art

My little boy loves to draw. It's hard to describe, but sometimes I think there's all this creativity in him and he just has to get it out. It's like something's driving him. Before school when he's supposed to be getting ready I'll find him at the table drawing. After school he'll come in from playing and ask for some paper to draw. He's pretty good at it, not like amazingly gifted, but that doesn't matter because it's the pleasure he seems to get out of it that's important to me. He just seems to have this need to create. It's not unusual for him to draw 20-30 pictures a day. It's hard for me because I can't save them all. I can't even save most of them. There's just no room. So I have to sort out the best one's and those I do keep. I'm trying to figure out how to help him develop this skill so maybe he can use it to make his living. Isn't that everyone's dream in life to be able to make money doing what brings you joy? I'm not being pushy about it or unrealistic. He's 6. I know we can't start mapping out his life or anything. I just wish someone had helped me recognize my passions in life sooner. This summer I enrolled him in a drawing class called Young Rembrandts at the P'ville community center. It was just once a week for 45 minutes. He seemed to like it. We'll see. I just want to give him every opportunity and every chance for happiness and success. Isn't that what all parents want for their kids? I also had to add a cute pic of Logan in his "Gi". Other wise known as a Karate uniform.

2 comments:

erica said...

You forgot to add the part about you being a truly talented artist, as well. Logan has a real gift, there's no doubt about it. I looks ver cute in his Gi and his letter jacket.

Lisa said...

Yep, he got his creativity from his momma! :)