Sunday, November 11, 2007

Frogs and snails and puppy dog tails...

Is that what little boys are made of? Well, no I guess not, but they sure do like lizards, snakes and spiders! We went to a birthday party this weekend and they had the Herpeton zoo lady there. She had a tarantula, emperor scorpion, giant hissing cockroaches, frog, bunny, milk snake, corn snake, bearded dragon, some lizard, tortoise, and a huge reticulated python. All of which she got out and held. Some of the kids even held them. It was creepy. There were like 25 kids there (I'm not exaggerating). Most of them boys between 8-9. It was one of my afterschool kid's birthdays, so Logan was younger than most of them. I tell you it was a "zoo" there even without the zoo lady. Thank goodness it was at our neighborhood resident's club in the huge outside pavillion by the pool. This party full of rowdy boys gives me a glimpse of the not too distant future though, Yikes! (By the way, you won't see Logan in the picture with the snake or the tarantula- he was a little freaked out by them! Thank goodness- at least he's not asking me to get one for him!)

2 comments:

erica said...

Just looking at those pictures gives me the heebie jeebies. For a second, I thought that was Logan in the blue tshirt holding the snake.

Lisa said...

Oh gosh! I have two boys to love all those creepy things. What fun!