Saturday, November 17, 2007

Pfun Pfall Pfinds

Logan was doing tons better today, thank goodness, so we decided to let him and Ellie go to my mom's house this afternoon and spend the night. The kids have been wanting to do that for a while and we had planned on doing it this weekend before Logan got sick. He had to miss 3 days of school this week and had been home a lot "resting", which to a little boy is tantamount to torture, so I wanted him to get to do something fun today. We took them over to Mom's house in Taylor this afternoon about 1:30. After we left we decided to go to the outlet mall in RR before going to a movie later in the afternoon. I found some really cute, cheap things at The Children's Place and Gymboree and I found some cute black shoes for Ellie at Bass of all places. I have been looking for something like this for like 2 months now. You'd think black shoes would be easier to find, huh? Anyway after that we went to the Cinemark theater by the mall and saw Dan in Real Life. I highly recommend it. It was really good. After the movie we were hungry so we went to Pho Hoang, a Vietnamese restaurant. I'm not that into Vietnamese, but Stuart loves Pho (noodle soup) and doesn't get to have it very often, so I agreed to go. It was pretty good-we had Pho and spring rolls. I always leave there (or any Vietnamese restaurant) feeling like I'm not completely satisfied though. At the end of the meal I did wind up ordering an egg roll, which helped a little. Anyway, at least next time the 2 of us go out I get to choose the place.

After I got home I was talking to Erica about all the cute stuff I got shopping and she was telling me about the awesome 80% off Fall stuff at Hobby Lobby. I decided to get in the car and go check it out. Here's the stuff I got- The garland and all the stuff on it, the fruit in the basket (I already had the basket and leaves) and the 2 cute "Logan and Ellie" scarecrows at the top of the page. The grand total, drum roll please......$13.62. Ta Dah! Pretty good, huh. I love it!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Good job Mindy! I like the stuff you found. I'm glad Logan is feeling better!

erica said...

Wow! Awesome finds at HL. They had different stuff than they did at mine. Sleep, sleep, sleep, in tomorroe!!!

Jennifer said...

I love a good bargain. I get so excited when I can tell Luis how much it "would have been"- I am glad he is feeling better too.