Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Things, Life, whatnot...

I know, Life is not whatnot... Yeah, that's actually a quote from a movie (Sixteen Candles, if I recall). But I thought it an appropriate title for this blog. I know I haven't blogged in a while. I guess I've been kind of lazy. Plus I have to share my computer with Stu and he's on it a lot. I just wanted to share a little about my day today- well, it actually started last night in the wee hours. Logan came into our room at 3 am. This is a little unusual for him so as I was taking him back to bed I thought maybe I should take his temp. I was already suspicious from when we put him to bed. I thought he felt warm then, but he didn't register a temp. I felt him when he laid back down in his bed and he was warm, so I took his temp and it was 101.4. He was upset and asked what it was, I told him and he asked if he had to stay home from school. I said yes, and I thought he was going to cry. I felt so sorry for him. I told him he could come sleep in our bed. So basically that meant that I was awake for the next hour feeling him fidget and making sure he was OK. Then at 4 am, I heard Ellie crying. A few expletives later, I was in her room and she was crying, saying that she didn't get any dessert after lunch. (She mixes up lunch and dinner sometimes) I reminded her that she had some M&M's which she calls M,M,M's (cute, huh?). Anyway, at that point she was awake not easily going back to sleep like usual. I on the other hand was exhausted. I was just trying to figure out the easiest way to get to go back to sleep, so after a few minutes of trying to leave her room- to no avail- I laid down in her bed with her. She wasn't happy with this since I had made the critical error of telling her Logan was in our bed. Of course, she wanted to go there too. There was no way that was happening, but she said she didn't want to be in her room. So I had the bright idea of taking her into the guest/computer room and laying in the queen size bed in there with her. To sum it up I had to shut down the computer which was running some sort of virus scan and a very annoying noise, then the clock on the wall was ticking really loudly (I had to get my earplug) and basically we laid there until 6am when I finally broke down sobbing in tears realizing that she wasn't going back to sleep and therefore I wasn't going back to sleep. I already knew Stu had to be at work at 8, so there was no help there, and I knew what my day of sleep deprived Mom vs. sleep deprived 3 yr old and sick 6 yr old had in store for me. I was so upset. Luckily Stu said he could come home at lunch time and stay home to help me. The day actually turned out much better than I anticipated (Thank you, God). Stu came home and I took a 2 hour nap before I had to get the after school kids. So all in all, I'd say it was a pretty good day considering how it could have been. Ellie wasn't nearly as bad as I thought she'd be. Turns out someone up there must be watching out for me! Hopefully tonight will go a little better.

I decided to include a few pics from the past few days.

This one is of Logan and Ellie's little tree in the playroom. I set it up for them before I left for the shower on Sunday and they decorated it all by themselves. I think it turned out pretty good!

This picture of Ellie is from the other day when she banged her lip and decided to put a band-aid on it. I forgot about it and we walked all the way up to Logan's school with her in the stroller like this. People probably thought we were nuts!

This is a little girl I watch after school. I just thought it was funny how much static there is on the trampoline sometimes!

1 comments:

erica said...

Aren't you soooo glad Stu came home. At least you got a little nap. Love the tree, love the band aid. My childhood friend, Katie, used to call M&M's, "M eh M's", sounded like "Emma em's" when she said it. I always think of that when I see them.