Monday, December 10, 2007

My life on hold

Last week was a rough week. I felt like I had to put my life on hold while Logan was sick at home with me. I had all these things I wanted to get done and none of them happened. As you saw I didn't have time to blog or anything else for that matter. This is a particularly bad time of year to not be able to do things too. I was just able to take a picture of the kids for the Christmas card last night. Luckily I think they turned out really nice. I ordered the cards last night and should have them in a week, so don't worry if you haven't gotten a card from me yet- they're coming. Logan missed 4 days last week, which I absolutely hate! But, he was much better on Saturday and we were able to go to the Parade in P'ville so that was nice.
The weather was perfect. I didn't even wear a jacket. It seemed strange to see people at the Christmas parade in shorts though. We were smart this year and brought chairs to sit in. There's a lot of waiting at a parade. Luckily the kids were great!

Even the Grinch was there! The kids loved that.

We also had a chance to make our Gingerbread house and that was fun for them (a little stressful for me). Ellie just wanted to eat all the candy though. But making that has become one of our traditions. Stu's mom also came up on Saturday to look at some houses around Pflugerville and in Taylor. Right now she lives in Houston, but may be moving here in May! We're all very excited that this may happen. We love her and would love to have her closer by. (I'm not just saying this in case she reads my blog either- She's the best Mother-in-law in the world!)

Now, I'm home and both kids are at school. I feel like running around the house naked and yelling woo-hoo! (Actually, I just did that a minute ago- except I wasn't naked- it's cold!) My Kid-free time is so precious, I always feel guilty if I don't maximize this time. I really wanted to put something up on my blog though, but now I have a bunch of other stuff to do. Bye!

4 comments:

erica said...

Yes, Stu's mom is the best! I've adopted her as a third grandma for my kids. You can never have too many. I'm glad Logan is well.

Lisa said...

I'm glad ya'll had fun at the parade. Enjoy your kid free time!

Shannan Riemer said...

sorry...i cant help but to think that it would be impossible for me not to eat all the candy,too.

erica said...

I'm going to tell Stuart you have a crotch-shot of him on your blog : )