Friday, December 21, 2007

Busy days

Here's a quick summary of the past few days- Logan had a Christmas pageant at school this year. He had to dress up like an old man (he's kind of a dressed up old man- it was the best we could do without buying something). He was one of the kids who had a small speaking part. I was pretty proud of that considering that when he was 3 in his first pageant at preschool he turned around with his back to the audience during the entire performance. I'd call that progress. Ellie is wearing an early Christmas present (in the picture) that I gave her when I gave Logan his Santa suit. Isn't it adorable? People were stopping as they walked by her to say how pretty she looked! Of course she was sitting on my Dad's lap by Erica, so everyone thought she was Erica's kid and were directing the compliments to her. I don't think she minded though. Ellie also had a pageant at school and she didn't sing during it, but at least she faced forward!
My sister Susan "hired" me to bake her some Christmas cookies. They came out pretty well although the double recipe I made didn't seem to make as many as I would have liked. And I don't think I'll have much time to make more before Christmas! Sorry Sue!
Also, I wound up having to wrap some presents up and put them under the tree already! And I'm the one who chastised Lisa for doing the same. I just didn't have anywhere else to put them! It turns out that the kids haven't messed with them at all! Who knew? Especially since most of them are in gift bags which could be easily rifled through. It was a gamble, but it seems to have worked. I think I have all my shopping done. I'm sure there will be a few last minute things that come up, but right now I'm concentrating on cleaning up my house for my family Christmas party tomorrow! Keep in mind I still have kids coming over here this afternoon after school. That makes it much more difficult to clean up at all- and keeping it clean, that's a whole other story. Oh well, I'm pretty comfortable with not being perfect, so I guess I won't stress too much!
The last picture is of Ellie watching TV this morning (she looks like she's sleeping, but she just closed her eyes when I took the picture). I walked out and found her laying like that and thought it was cute- That is until I realized that she was laying like that because she had poop in her pants that I guess she didn't want to sit on!! (And you'll notice the potty is right behind her too!) Merry Christmas to me!

2 comments:

erica said...

That's so funny! I'm not sure why, but the poop blogs always make me laugh. The cookies look great.

Lisa said...

I love the picture of Logan and Ellie! He looks so cute as an old man and she looks beautiful as always.