Friday, December 14, 2007

Racing for the finish line

I swear for some reason I am just now feeling the holiday crunch. Up until today it didn't seem like I had that much to do. Now, I'm wondering how I'm going to get it all done. I just hadn't realized (or maybe I hadn't allowed myself to realize) how much I still have to do. I did manage to get a lot done today though and that feels pretty good. Hopefully after the weekend is over I won't feel quite so overwhelmed. I finished my aprons today. Erica had the great idea to give them as teacher gifts. Since I hadn't thought up anything else, this sounded like a good idea to me. So I managed to finish them today and I made one for Ellie too. I've just started on one for Logan-yes I'm making my son one too. I know him and if Ellie and Grace get one, he'll want one too. So I decided to make his using camo fabric and have it be more like a tool belt with pockets and stuff. I also have all the gifts for Ellie's class wrapped up and ready to go. And I have the book for her gift exchange and the teacher gifts wrapped. There's still lots to do though. My sister, Susan, has asked me to bake dozens (basically as many as I can) of cookies for her to give away to people. The caveat is that she lives in Fort Worth and I'll have to ship them. I've never done that before- but there's a first time for everything, right? I won't bore you with the details of all the other stuff I have left to do. Tomorrow we're taking the kids to Kiddie Kandids at Highland Mall to get their Christmas pictures made. I know, we should have done it by now, but it just didn't happen. The good news is that they open at 8am since it's the holidays. We went last year really early and were able to just walk right in and have ours taken- it was great! For the past 2 years we've had family portraits done at the same time. The first time it turned out great, last year- not so great. I don't think we're even going to try this year. It's just too much stress. Especially since we have to leave so early. I don't even know what I would wear anyway. I think I'm just going to make someone take our picture at one of our family Christmas functions. Maybe we'll get a good one that way. Oh well, guess I have to go now. I'm going to work on some more projects and see if I can't check off a few more "to do's" off my list!

I just had to add this picture. I just finished Logan's
"workbelt" (we won't call it an apron), and I think it turned out sooo cute! I even put a little "L" on it! I'm going to use velcro on the belt instead of having it tie in a bow. (less girly)

1 comments:

erica said...

Wow, the teacher aprons turned out beautifully. Very elegant. I love the kiddie aprons. I'd better get going on Grace's. Logan will love his work belt!