Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our BIG Memorial Day weekend!!

We had 4 days off this weekend. It was great! A little preview of the upcoming summer and trust me, I did not want it to end!! It was tough getting up Tuesday morning and sending Logan back to school knowing full well I would have to watch kids after school that day. I'm sooo through with that! Mentally, that is. Technically we still have 6 days of school left.


We had a fun filled weekend. Stuart didn't take the whole day off Friday, but he did come home early so we could go see Speed Racer. I'm not sure who wanted to see it more, him or Logan. Stuart insisted that we had to see it on the big screen though or it couldn't be fully appreciated. Stuart loved it. I thought it was a little overdone and too long (135 min). Logan liked it pretty well, although he complained about the length too. It didn't hold Ellie's attention at all. I had to deal with her through it all. But we made it through relatively unscathed. Afterward we went to Rudy's for dinner. A good night.
~
Saturday Logan had Karate then we had lunch at Mighty Fine. Have you all heard of this place? It's new in the Arbor Crossing shopping center across Braker from the Domain. It's a new burger place launched by the owners of the Rudy's franchises in Austin. It's very similar in layout to Rudy's. And their menu is very simple. They basically have burgers, fries and shakes and that's pretty much it. Oh, they also have a chili dog, but it's different because the hot dogs are cut up into pieces in the chili. They call it a chopped chili dog. We haven't tried it yet, but it looked good. The problem is that my kids aren't big burger eaters, much less chili dogs. They did make them a grilled cheese (on a bun). It's not on the menu though. I'm not sure how much we'll be able to go there with them. The burgers were good. I got a Jr (1/4 lb) burger and it was plenty. I recommend trying it out.
Later that afternoon we all went to the pool. It was a good ending to a great day.

Sunday we got up and went to church, then to lunch at Which Wich. I had never been there. I liked it a lot. They have a huge variety of sandwiches and you can get them any way you want. It's different than any other sandwich place I've been. Next time though I want to study the menu first! Later that afternoon we went to the pool (again!). The kids love going to the pool and would probably go everyday if we would take them. It seemed like an appropriate thing to do on Memorial Day weekend. By the time we were ready to leave though I knew we had to come up with something else to do on Monday, because swimming was not going to be an option!

Monday was our last day of "vacation". We were trying to figure out what to do that day. Should we go see another movie? Logan really wanted to see Indiana Jones. Or should we go to the SA Zoo where we have a season pass? We finally decided on going to a Round Rock Express game. It was the last day game of the season and for some reason Logan really wanted Ellie to go to a game with him. Stuart's taken Logan to several games in the past, but Ellie and I had never come. We started the day with a family bike ride. Then we all got ready for the 12:00 game. We had also planned on going to Gattiland that day and in an effort to avoid the crowds we decided to go mid-afternoon after we left the game.



Things at the game went really well. Stuart called ahead and got us great seats that were actually in the shade and had easy access. There was also a nice breeze blowing through. We got there and got situated then bought sno cones for the kids. They love them there because you get to do your own syrup. It's all you can eat/drink/lick? We only got up once to walk around and go to the playground area for a little while. The kids loved seeing the mascot, although Ellie wouldn't have her picture made with him.

We made it through the 7th inning (pretty good, I'd say) and then left for Gattiland. It was about 2:30 when we got there and I couldn't believe how crowded it still was! We ate, played games and had a good time. I was ready to go though. I was exhausted when we got home. But I knew that the kids had had a great weekend and that made it worth it.

This weekend was tiring, but great fun. We had a wonderful time as a family and made some great memories! I don't feel like we wasted a bit!! Hope yours was good too!!

3 comments:

erica said...

Logan looks really cute in his superman hat. I've heard of Mighty Fine, but haven't tried it, yet.

Shannan Riemer said...

i have been wanting to try mighty fine,too. Your kids are so cute!

Jennifer said...

I am tired just reading your post! Sounds like a fun filled weekend Mindy! Thanks for the restaurant reviews! ;)