Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Logan's Arm, the Saga continues...

Ding, ding, ding, ding... we have a winner! Or do we? It's broken, probably. That's the diagnosis. Apparently the type of break that Logan (may) have is very hard to see on X-Ray, but based on his symptoms the doctor feels like it's best to proceed under the assumption that it is broken. So, Logan has a temporary cast/splint. It's basically like the bottom half of a cast that's held on with an ace bandage. This way we can take it off to bathe or if it gets itchy, etc. It's perfect to me. All the advantages of a regular cast with none of the inconvenience. Logan was happy, although he did wish he could have picked the color like you get to do nowadays with a regular cast. When are they going to make Ace bandages in different colors? There's an idea!! (They probably already do somewhere.)
Anyway, just wanted to give you all an update on his condition. It really seems to be helping him too. He hasn't been complaining nearly as much about the pain as before. So I hope it will be all downhill from here.
Also, the whole thing with my mom picking up the after school kids went fine. I sure did stress about it though. I actually wound up rescheduling Logan's appointment for tomorrow morning when I couldn't get a hold of her this afternoon. But then she came over in plenty of time, so I called them back (for the 3rd time) and got my original appointment back. What a freak they must have thought I was. Anyway, it all worked out great. I'm really glad we were able to go today to help get Logan on the road to recovery a little faster. Thanks Mom!! I might have to make this Mother's day a little extra special for you!!

This is my comedian son with his new arm contraption! He thinks this is sooo funny!

2 comments:

Shannan Riemer said...

Logan makes breaking an arm look fun;)

Jennifer said...

He is all smiles. So cute.