Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!


This has been a great mother's day weekend so far!! We started celebrating yesterday. I got to sleep in (except for the occasional knock at the door from Ellie who desperately needed to see me). After Karate (Logan's first time back since breaking his arm) we went to lunch, then to shop. Stu took the kids to the Dollar store to buy me stuff while I got to go into Ross to shop all by myself!! I think this was the best present of all! I got a couple of cute tops, shorts and flip flops!! Not bad, huh?
After that we went to Erica's for our Family shindig. We made chicken salad, broccoli salad, coleslaw (could we have had more stuff made with mayo?) and a delicious ice cream cake courtesy of Erica. It was an awesome feast for a hot day. The kids played outside on the play scape and in the sprinkler and had a great time.

Don't Ellie and Carter look cute?

















Today I also got to sleep in, if you call 7:30 sleeping in. The kids got up with Stu and made me breakfast in bed. This was the first year they ever did this. It's not that Stu's not thoughtful, it's just that his mind doesn't work that way. I found out it was actually Logan's idea. It was also his idea to make the food look like a happy face. Sweet, huh? This was also accompanied by the gifts they bought and cards they made.It was a wonderful way to start the day. Stu's been awesome letting me do whatever I want and choose where to go and what to eat. We went to church, then to eat at Pei Wei. I love it there. Stu, not so much (go figure), but we went without complaint. We're even having steak for dinner which doesn't happen very often anymore since Stu found out he had high cholesterol (which he's done a great job bringing down thru diet and exercise- Go Stu!)

Right now he and the kids are at the park so Mommy can relax and blog and do whatever I want, Yippee!!!

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!!


On a side note about this post, for some reason blogspot has been very difficult today. I had a heck of a time moving my pictures around and for some reason when I tried to move some text it underlined the whole thing and I can't get it to go back!!! Frustrating!!!!

2 comments:

erica said...

It looks like you had a great mom's day. The pictures of the kids are really good.

Jennifer said...

I am glad you had a nice mothers day!