Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ellie's last day of school :(

Monday was Ellie's last day of school. That is until it starts up again in September. This was a sad day for a few reasons. First, I won't get any "kid free" time to get stuff done for a looonngg time. Second, Ellie likes school and will miss seeing her teacher and friends. It's also a little sad that this was the end of her being in the 3 year old class. Now she'll be a Pre-K kid (that's what they call the 4 year old classes). It's hard to believe that she's going to be 4 very soon! She's been going up to that school since she was 2 1/2 months old. She's grown up there! I see the moms with a 3 year old and a baby in a carrier and it seems like that was just me! Now look at me, I've got an almost 7 year old that comes up to my shoulder (nearly) and a Pre-K kid!! How'd that happen?

Ellie's spring school picture. (yes, they take them twice a year now!) Isn't she cute?

Looking on the bright side (I'm really trying to do this more), we have a lot of fun activities planned (as I've mentioned in previous blogs) so that's something. I am looking forward to Logan's school being over just so I don't have to watch kids after school anymore. That's getting pretty tedious. So it will be nice to have a break from that. Now I understand why teachers need the summers off. If they didn't get a break I'm sure there would be more incidents of teachers either killing their students or themselves. (Sorry, that's where my sense of humor is right now)

Now I'm just going to try and make the best of it. Just to warn you, my blogging will most likely suffer since it's really hard to get any computer time other than at night after they go to bed. I know it's going to be tough for all of you in my "fan club", but this too shall pass. Hopefully it will be quick and painless!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ah, that is the sweetest pose!

Nicole said...

That is a GREAT picture of her! So sweet!