Friday, May 16, 2008

My little artist

OK, this is going to be one of those blogs where I need to be able to brag just a little. I try not to do that very often because I know how annoying it is to hear some mom going on and on about their kid. However, I need to gush just a little bit. One of Logan's pictures that he did at school was chosen to be in a district-wide art show!!! I was very proud to hear this of course. I didn't know anything about the show as far as how many pieces were on display, etc. It wasn't a contest. The teacher just chose some art that the students had done during the year. I didn't know what it looked like (they never bring anything home from art until the end of the year) and when I asked Logan, he wasn't sure which piece it was either.
I went up to the Rec. Center today to see it. I'm a total dork, but I counted the number of drawings on display from his school. There are 70. (There are over 750 kids in the school.) There were only 8 on display from 1st graders (about 110 in all). Yes, you can hear my heart swelling with pride as I write this. Forgive me. I am very proud of my little artist. I'm more happy than proud though because I know this is something he truly enjoys doing- at least for now. And that's more than enough for me!

The masterpiece!!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

I love all the art work you've posted by Logan! He's very talented and seems to be really into it! Way to go, Logan!!!

Shannan Riemer said...

yay! I can understand why you are so proud that is an awesome piece.

Jennifer said...

Way to go Logan! ;)