Monday, May 19, 2008

The best little pfest in P'ville

It was Deutchen Pfest in P'ville this weekend. And boy do my kiddos look forward to it every year. It feels nice to have started some of our own family traditions. And Deutchen Pfest is definitely one of them. Does that make us hicks? I don't really care. I like living in a "small town" (it's really not that small). The traditions it holds are still "small town" though. I like it that it's not just some generic suburb. It has a heart and a history. We had a great time. Erica and Grace came with us again. The weather was sunny and warm, but with a cool breeze in the shade. This was definitely the longest we've ever been able to stay there and it was good. The kids did great. They went to the petting zoo, rode carnival rides, jumped in the bounce houses, got their faces painted and balloon animals made, ate nachos and sno cones. This is our once a year thing and we went all out.





After the pfest we took the kids to my mom's house to spend the night. Stuart and I went to dinner and a movie (what a treat), we saw Ironman (great flick) and then it was home to sleep. It seems that lately whenever I have an opportunity to sleep late without my kids, I can't. The last time I had to "work" at church the next day and this time I had to run a 5K. I know, I need to do a little better in planning. Live and learn. Anyway, I got up and Erica picked me up and we ran the 5K. I did my personal best 41 minutes. Erica got caught up with the faster runners in the beginning who somehow were steered off course, and ran an extra .6 miles. It doesn't sound like much, but believe me, it is! Then we had some pizza (no beer, although they had a couple of kegs). Gotta love those Germans!! Ready to down a couple of kegs at 8:45 am!!
Overall it was a great, but busy weekend. I was not at all prepared for my week. But, that's OK. Today was a big day in a few ways, but I'll save that for another blog!
Have a great week!!!

3 comments:

erica said...

So much fun!

Jennifer said...

How fun!!Great pics as always- ;)

Nicole said...

Way to go on your running time!