Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We got stuff hatching too!

So as not to be completely outdone by big sis, we too have started hatching stuff! No, not eggs, but butterflies!

Ellie got a butterfly garden kit for her birthday. So we had to send off for some caterpillars. We only had them about 2 days before they started changing. They do it in just a few hours. It's weird to watch.

I'm taking them out of their little cup(of disgusting food stuff) to hang in the habitat.
One fell off the paper. Look at it up close. It's got little bits of gold on it where the legs were. Cool!

While we were waiting for these, we noticed a ton of caterpillars around outside. So we decided to catch some and put them in the garden to see what would happen. This is a cool black spiky one.
The second one is my fave. Have you ever seen anything like it? Crazy!

The 3rd is the fuzzy yellow one. I didn't get the greatest pic.
I decided to let these guys go today since our others changed into their chrysalises and we needed the room. I'll keep you posted when they decide to hatch!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's hilarious! You sisters are crazy hatchers!

Jennifer said...

Those are AWESOME!! I want one!