Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The power of the pen

As soon as my kids learned to pick up a crayon, they have both loved to draw and write. Logan began drawing me pictures when he was just a little thing. He started using them to convey emotion too. Especially when he was angry. Some of those pictures scared me a little (blood and guts!)

Then came the note writing. There are signs all over Logan's door telling everyone who can and cannot come in, if they have to pay, etc.

Ellie, being much newer to writing has really just started using this form of expression. Here are 2 of her latest. The first is hanging on her door. She was mad at Logan when she made it. I thought it was so cute!
If you can't read it (pencil is hard to photograph in a dim hallway) it says, "Logan may never come in my room agin for the holle summr No love (by the heart) Brokcen hart" ( I think the writing and spelling is pretty good for someone who just turned 6!)

The second she gave me last night. Not sure what I did to deserve that, but it was nice to get a fond note rather than an angry one! (translation: Mommy is nice, never mean and thoughtful)

Just love my kiddos (especially when they're at camp! Ha!)

1 comments:

erica said...

Very nice! You look great in the pic she drew : )