Thursday, June 3, 2010

Kindergarten Celebration!

Ellie's last day is today. This morning we went up to the high school (right next to our school) to see the Kindergarten Celebration. First they all sang 2 songs. So cute, yes I was crying. Then they called each child's name by class and the principal gave them a little necklace with a cap and 2010 written on it. (That's her in the front row with the blue and purple dress.)



Afterwards we walked back over to the school where they conveniently were letting everyone sign out their kids and take them home! I wasn't planning on taking Ellie home since I have to go pick Logan up at noon anyway. Also, I figured they'd just be playing and stuff. Ellie likes school.

We were standing there watching kid after kid be signed out and leave. I asked Ellie if she wanted to go home and I was about to take her so she wouldn't feel abandoned. Then I noticed that there were only going to be 2 other kids there and they were both her good friends. So I asked her if she wanted to stay and play with them and she said OK.


Then I asked one of the little girls left if she was staying and she said yes. Then started crying. It was soooo sad. I tried to comfort her and I told her Ellie would be staying too and they could play and have fun. I felt so sorry for her. I also couldn't believe how many parents took their kids home. What a scam!! How smart of the teachers!!

So Ellie's up there right now with the other 2 girls left. Her teacher said she was going to have them help her pack up her room. I'm sure she'll have fun. I hope it stops raining before I have to walk up there and get them!!

Congrats Ellie!! I can't believe her Kindergarten year is over! :-(

3 comments:

erica said...

The teachers definitely should have let everyone know that the kids could go home. I feel sorry for the little girl that was crying. Good thing Ellie's up there with her. Soak up as much kid free time as possible!!! Summer starts in less than two hours.

scoop said...

That's very odd they didn't announce it beforehand. Most parents couldn't just take a day off work with no notice. but I can see in the past how a lot of parents probably would have just taken their kids home since it was the last day and they were already up there.

Jennifer said...

Congrats Ellie!!!