Thursday, October 8, 2009

ACL

I'm finally getting around to posting some ACL pics! This last week has been hard with all the illness in my house. Tuesday I wasn't feeling too well. Just tired, run down and coughing. Yesterday Stu was running about a 100 deg. temp and not feeling good. I just wish we could get rid of this stuff! Anyway back to ACL.

It was definitely a cool experience (very Austin). I wish it hadn't rained (obviously). But it could have been waaaay worse. Thank goodness for Sammy's rain boot suggestion and Erica going by Academy for me and picking them up! I wouldn't have been able to stand the dirty, grassy, muddy feet like so many people there had! It didn't really rain at all while Dave was singing and that was awesome. I think it would be fun to go all 3 days and go around listening to music and people watching. I really like to look at all the freaks! (Think what you will about that!)

Aren't my boots cool?
We had a good time. When we drove down it was raining pretty hard. We lucked out and got to park at Sammy's friend's house near Zilker park. Then 2 moms in a mini-van offered us a ride down to the park and were accepting tips! It was great. We needed to eat and went into Chuy's for a bite. Yumm!
After Chuy's we walked in to the festival and walked around, saw our friends (amazingly) and stood in the port-a-potty line for about 20 minutes. Then we decided to stake out our Dave-watching position. We started out pretty close. I could actually see the band on the stage without looking at the monitor. Not bad for a 5'5" gal. We wound up moving about 5 times during the show to get away from too many people, get a different perspective and just to see what was going on around us.
This guy was one of the "mud people". They were covered in mud dancing around like lunatics! One even ran up to Erica and I and wanted to dance I guess. We were both wearing white shirts (like idiots) and of course didn't want to have anything to do with them. I was convinced one of them must be Matthew McConaughey! It seemed like something he would do, you know?
Anyway, I definitely would like to go back again! Who wants to join me?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I would love to go next year! Love the rain boots!

Shannan Riemer said...

LOVE the mud guy,I guess we missed him but saw plenty of mud girls.