Friday, February 22, 2008

This week and tonight

This week has gone by quickly. Logan woke up Wednesday with a fever. I took him to the doctor right away since I knew that he's been exposed to the flu from a classmate and that if you get it diagnosed early there is a medicine they can give you that helps you get better quicker and lessens the severity. They swabbed his nose and ran the test as well as a strep test but both were negative. So the doctor said to come back tomorrow and they could run another flu test since it can take up to 48 hours sometimes for it to show up on the test. We did, but it was negative again. So we're just dealing with some kind of virus with fluids, rest and TV. It's terrible to see your kid sick. Logan gets those high fevers too. Just a little while ago I took it and it was 105.3. While this would be quite alarming to most parents, it has unfortunately become routine for us. I just got him some cold water to drink and gave him some ibuprofen and it started coming down. Then I made him a fruit and yogurt smoothie.

Now he's painting. He loves to paint. Always has. I have pictures of him when he was 2 painting away. He could never resist the urge to mix up all the colors, so all his pictures were always a big blob of gross greenish brown and his hands were usually covered in paint so he could make hand prints. Sometimes he even painted his feet to make foot prints! I guess he hasn't changed too much!

I feel a little guilty sometimes because I really like him when he's sick. He so nice and calm. He lets me hold him and isn't always running around acting like a crazy person. So even though he's been home with me instead of at school and I haven't been able to do all the things I need to, it's been nice having him with me.
-
I also was able to vote this week since my dad was here and stayed with Logan. Everyone better get out and vote. Now is the best time to do it since it's early voting and there's not a lot of people there all the time. Tonight Erica and I are going to the Obama rally in downtown Austin. I'm excited. I feel like I'll be taking part in a little bit of history. If things keep going the way they have been Obama will likely be the democratic candidate for president, and possibly win the presidency. And I can say that I saw him speak once! Isn't that cool? I think it will be really exciting. Everyone always says what a great speaker he is, so I hope to be really inspired and moved tonight. I just hope it's not too cold. I'll take my camera and try and get some good pics to post this weekend.
Hope you all have had a good week! Go vote!! (for Obama of course)

0 comments: