Saturday, February 16, 2008

Name signs

A couple years ago (almost 2 I guess) Erica, Lisa, Susan and I took a weekend trip to Salado. Erica and Lisa were pregnant at the time (Lisa was very pregnant). We had a great time shopping around and staying in a B&B. While we were in a shop there we saw a striped name sign. Erica really liked it, so I decided to paint one for Grace's new big girl room that Erica was just switching her over to. I started out with pink stripes, then decided that since her walls were pink it would be better to do green stripes. So Ellie wound up with the pink striped one. It was the proto-type, so don't look at it too closely (the stripes are hand painted with a ruler, I wasn't smart enough to use tape until I did Grace's). I gave Grace hers for her birthday. Then Erica decided she wanted one for Carter's room too. I made his to match his cow over the moon bedding. So now 3 out of our 4 kids had one. Logan was a little upset and really wanted one too. I seem to go in and out of creative energy spurts. Sometimes I just don't feel inspired. I've found it's best not to try and paint when I feel this way. It never turns out well. So, like I said it's been a year and a half since I've worked on one of these. During this time Logan has asked me many times, why do all the other kid's have a sign, but me? Talk about guilt. So I finally made him one. He's been into pirates for a while now, and I hope he keeps liking them for a while longer. His is very different from theirs, but he and I both are happy with how it turned out.

3 comments:

erica said...

I was just looking at Grace's sign tonight while I was putting her to bed. So beautiful. I'll be commissioning you to paint another one for Carter soon!

Lisa said...

You are soooo good! Did you have fun painting it? If so, you need to start selling them. You are so good at it!

Jennifer said...

Those are absolutely adorable Mindy! Lisa is right, you should sell them- ;)