Friday, August 20, 2010

To be or not to be...

Today at my student teacher orientation I found out that I was assigned to an elementary right down the street from my house!! It's literally the 2nd closest school to my house! Out of all the schools in Pflugerville, I got that one! I was ecstatic!

Then when I got home and looked up the teacher's name, it wasn't there. So I called the school- no teacher by that name there. Hmmm.

So I looked up the name (all I had was the last name) and found a teacher by that name at a different school. A much, much farther away school. I was heartbroken. I just knew that it had been too good to be true and my bubble was burst! Then I looked a little closer and found that she was a special ed teacher. That can't be right. This made me feel a little better.

Still I had a knot in my stomach. I called the HR dept. to verify my school and teacher. Three agonizing hours later she called and told me that I was in fact at the close school I wanted and that the teacher had changed her name!!! Yippie!! She teaches 2nd grade and she won Humanitarian of the year last year at her school!

I am so thankful and relieved!! You cannot imagine the roller coaster of emotions I've been on today! I can't tell you how happy this makes me!!! Thank you Lord!! This is turning out to be just perfect and I am even more sure that it's the right thing for me!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Perfect!! Woohoo Mindy!