Friday, August 6, 2010

Staying positive

Staying positive while trying to find a job- easier said than done! It's up and down from one day to the next. I can only imagine how people feel who have been looking for months or years. It's only really been a few weeks for me and it's hard not to feel defeated. I am so thankful for all the encouragement from everyone though! I really would be freaking out without it!

I'm still plugging away. I've been going to as many schools (23) as I possibly can with what little time I can get away. My mom's been a huge help and Stuart's watched the kids a few times while he's working so I can run by schools. I drove over 100 miles yesterday in this endeavor. And the heat is awful. Getting in and out of the car every few minutes. Uugghh!

I had a little breakdown yesterday after leaving my last school. It wasn't one of my best exchanges. Not smooth or clever as I would have liked to appear. This school was one of only 2 (out of 4 districts) that had actual jobs listed that I was qualified for. I was really tired (haven't been sleeping well). I just walked out to my car and bawled. What a loser.

Today I decided I should start applying for teaching assistant positions, just to be sure I had something since things were looking pretty bad. I told Erica my plan and she said not to put the cart before the horse. And reassured me that there is still time to get a teaching job and said I shouldn't panic quite yet.

So, I decided to listen to her and hope she was right.

Then, tonight at dinner I opened my fortune cookie and this is what it said:


Coincidence? I think not!

2 comments:

scoop said...

Cool! It will work out for sure! It's always like this when you look for a job...perseverance pays off...stick with it and you'll get something!!!

erica said...

Yes, hang in there! It will happen. There is no doubt in my mind.