Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day!


The kids had their first day of school today. It all went great! Except I wish I'd taken more pics! This one's a little blurry. Oh, well.
Poor Logan though. He's been sooo worried about going to YMCA after school. For the last 4 years, I've been picking him up from school everyday and he's not dealing well with the prospect of that changing. Last night about an hour after I put him to bed, he came in my room crying. He was so worried. He worries about any new thing. I just tried to reassure him and remind him of all the other things he's worried about that have turned out fine.
This morning when I dropped him off, I told his teacher how he was feeling. So hopefully she'll take extra care to make sure he's feeling secure. We decided they would go after school today even though I'll be home just so they'll know what to do and where to go. I'll go up right after school ends to get them and make sure they know what's going on with the after school stuff.
I'm sure by now he's feeling a little better and all will be well by this afternoon!
Ellie on the other hand was fine. She popped out of bed this morning and was ready to go!! She's actually excited about going to the Y! She wants more time to play with her friends!
Now I'm sitting home (after walking about 30 extra minutes on the way home!) trying to figure out what to do today! Yay!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

They look so big in that picture!
Charlize LOVES the ymca afterschool......she did not want to leave!!!