Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rest in Peace Memaw


Well, after many months of declining health (years really), Stuart's Memaw Louise passed away last night. She was a great lady and will be missed very much. It's hard to believe that this is Stuart's first grandparent to pass away. He still has the other 3 living. It doesn't make this any easier though.

I am going to miss her, but I am really feeling badly for Stu's Paw paw. They were married for 61 years! Amazing right? I'm sure he doesn't have any idea what to do without her.

We're leaving tomorrow to go to Houston for the funeral. Not looking forward to it at all. This is one time when getting all the family together will not be a treat. Please keep Stu and his family in your prayers for me.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I' m sorry to hear that Mindy! Your family will be in my prayers!

scoop said...

Tell Stuart we are thinking about him. It's amazing he has grandparents...though one of my friends is 35 and just lost his grandmother last year...amazing they are sometimes around so long.

erica said...

Looking at the picture of her with Ellie and Logan makes me realize how lucky they were to have a great grandma that they knew and will remember.

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry for your loss Honey.

Samantha said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. Your family is in my prayers. That is truly amazing that Stuart still has living Grandparents! What a blessing!

Annalynn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. It looks as if Memaw lived a long, wonderful life, and what an inspiration her 61 year marriage is.