Wednesday, August 25, 2010

One is the lonliest number... NOT!!


Call me a bad, uncaring mother, but I am LOVING being home alone these last 2 days!! It's just so nice to be able to do what I want, when I want with no interference. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids. But after spending the whole summer home with them I know for sure that there most certainly can be too much of a good thing.

It takes a village to raise a child, right? That's just so the Mom doesn't go insane and kill everyone!

Anyway, I'm trying to soak up as much of this as I can since starting Sept. 7th I will be working every school day! And hopefully most every day after that subbing!

I'm very excited to start this new journey. I haven't met the teacher I'll be working with yet, but I'll be in 2nd grade, which is my grade of choice (so far at least).

The kids both had a great day at school yesterday and the after school stuff went fine too. That I know for sure since I was there practically from the start watching. I left them in there to make sure they'd know what to do and where to go. Then we went home. Ellie wasn't ready to go yet. She has several friends there and wanted to play. Logan (the home body) wanted to go!!

They both had a few things they brought home. Mainly they each had a packet (6 or 7) of all the forms the state and school district requires us to fill out. Residency, illness and medications, press release, etc. I sat right down and did it all, so I wouldn't have to think about it again!

Ellie was perturbed because she says they stuff they want her to read is too easy. The paper she brought home had the sight word "see" on it about 12 times. Logan said they didn't really do a lot of "work". I'm sure that first day is just a lot of getting everyone situated and familiar with the classroom procedures, etc. We'll see what today brings!

Right now it's me relaxing and trying to be as productive as possible (while still being able to watch a movie!).

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Hope you enjoyed your time alone! Calgon take MEEEE away! :)

erica said...

Counting down the days....

Jennifer said...

I am really looking forward to a vacation day I have scheduled in Sept.....both kids will be in school. It will be all about ME that day. :)