Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

We started the day out at our elementary school's fall fest. It was fun. They asked the kids to dress up if they wanted. I didn't want Ellie to wear her Ariel costume so that it wouldn't get messed up, so she wore her other costume that she got before Mom got her the mermaid one. That worked out well, so she got to wear both. I forgot to take pictures of her before we left the house, so these were all I had. She's a glitter fairy. We sprayed her hair with glitter.

Logan wore part of the costume he wore that night. But no make-up.
We had a great time last night. No matter what, I always feel like we're rushing to get ready. I don't think we took enough pics! We didn't get one all together! We sprayed both the kid's hair and I think they turned out great! I couldn't believe how well Ellie's did! Logan had me paint his face like a skull with a bloody crack in it. Pretty cool!




I was a witch, I guess. No hat though.

Anyway, we headed out and met up with a big group of boys Logan knows. We trick-or-treated with them. Poor Ellie was the only girl. I still had to walk with her all the way up to every door to get candy. I'm hoping that will end soon! A couple of people tried to give me candy! One guy told me I was too old though! Didn't Ellie's hair look good?

It was nice, not too cold. We went all the way around our block which is pretty big. Along the way we saw these people. All the adults dressed up like characters from the Wizard of Oz, all for 1 little Dorothy. Pretty cool, huh?

It was a great day and night. I'm so glad it wasn't a school night! No rushing to get to bed like in years past! They need to change it to where Halloween is always on a Saturday!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Such cute costumes! Momma looked good too! Glad ya'll had fun!

Jennifer said...

Great pics Mindy! Love the kids costumes and their hair! You looked like a "nice witch". ;)