Thursday, November 12, 2009

Our trip to SA

Wednesday the kids had the day off from school. We decided to take this opportunity to go to SA for the day to the zoo. The weather was perfect. We arrived in SA around 11. We stopped at Chris Madrid's to eat lunch before we tackled the zoo. They have great burgers, nachos and chalupas. I had a regular burger with cheddar. It's insane, huh?




This is the zoo I grew up going to, so it's very familiar to me. I've been with Stu and my kids quite a bit too. We became members 2 years ago and go as often as we can.

Love the hippos!
Ahhh the memories of childhood and these very same machines which mold wax figures of animals.

Logan's favorite, the komodo dragon.Our first stop, the black bears. Lots of the animals were out in the nice weather. And SA didn't have the day off, so it wasn't crowded!!

If you look closely behind Logan, you'll see the Andean Condor spreading his wings. They're basically like huge vultures and are incredibly disgusting, but amazingly huge!

It was a great day and we even stopped at Cabela's on the way home. Needless to say I was exhausted. But it was really fun and I can't wait to do it again!

2 comments:

scoop said...

what a fun trip! I love that zoo! BTW, my blog isn't updating on everyone's links but there are still new entries, so come visit!

Nicole said...

Fun day! I love the zoo,too. We can't wait to take Amelia.