Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Exciting news!!


I'm thrilled to tell everyone that I got a job!! I decided a few months ago that teaching is the career path I wanted to head down. One day it just dawned on me that I was supposed to be a teacher. I had never had that inclination before. After having thought about my prospects with regard to next fall, i.e. taking care of kids after school again (not a fun prospect), or possibly getting a job, I decided to apply for a teaching job at Ellie's preschool. Today I met with the Director. After speaking with her for a few minutes about what would be involved and the positions that were available, she "unofficially" offered me a job as Lead Teacher in one of the 3 year old classrooms!! (I should have a written offer sometime next week after the board of directors approves the budget.)

I'll be working M-F 8-2:30, which means that Ellie will be attending all 5 days as well (we haven't talked about that yet and I'm not sure how it will go over, eeek!). I'm very excited to be re-entering the workforce as it were. And I feel like this is the perfect venue to launch my career in teaching. I feel very lucky and a bit nervous to have been given the opportunity to be lead teacher and not just a co-teacher which is what I was expecting since I don't have any formal teaching experience. I must admit that I have about a million things running thru my head right now about everything that will be involved with this, but again I just feel excited and lucky.

I just couldn't contain my excitement and wanted to share the good news with everyone!!! Wish me luck as I'm sure I'll need it!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

YAY! How exciting!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations Mindy! I'm very excited for you!

Nicole said...

Congrats! You'll be a great teacher, I know it! It's so rewarding and no matter how nervous you are just remember....you're bigger than they are, you're stronger than they are and you know more than they do. :)

Daniel said...

Congratulations on the new gig, Mindy! I think I'd be equally as happy if I could find out how to survive without work, hahaha! I know you'll enjoy working with the kids and having Ellie nearby too!

erica said...

Mindy! I think your classroom is going to need an entire set of Black Apple Dolls : )

Kelly said...

congrats on the new job!!!!Teaching is a noble profession.

Samantha said...

Congratulations!!!