Saturday, June 7, 2008

Logan and Ellie's Birthdays!!

We had a birthday party for the kids last Sunday. Their birthdays are actually June 9th and June 11th(through no planning of my own), but we wanted to have the party early while Logan was still in school so no one would forget about it by the time we had it. Logan got a Wii! (His favorite present!)

Logan turned 7 (well, almost) and Ellie 4!! Wow, I can hardly believe that even as I type it!! How can I be old enough to have 7 and 4 year olds? Bizarre.
Ellie and Grace both dressed like princesses of course. Didn't you know that princesses bowled?

Opening presents with 2 kids at once is always chaotic and this was no different. It's really hard to keep everything straight and always know who gave what, but with about 7 adults helping, we managed to figure it out!


We decided pretty much a week after last year's party to have this one at Interstate Lanes bowling alley. They do a great party that includes everything -cake, pizza, drinks, plates, napkins (etc.) and of course the entertainment! The kids loved it and so did I. It was the most relaxing birthday party I've ever thrown!! All I had to do was bring party favors and an extra cake so Ellie and Logan would each have their own. They turn down the lights and do like a disco ball and lights!
I made Ellie the Giant Cupcake cake. I think it turned out really cute!


I wasn't sure how the 4 year olds would do, but they had a great time. It was a really good party. We bowled, ate pizza, cake and then did presents. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a place to have a party!!


This is Logan's idea of a good pose before blowing out his candle.


This is Ellie after the party wearing a new dress from Grandma and a cute hat from Nonny. What a little ham!



Happy Birthday to my babies!!!!!!

5 comments:

Shannan Riemer said...

Happy Birthday Logan and Ellie!

erica said...

Happy Birthday Ellie!! Happy Birthday Logan (in two days) !!!

Daniel said...

Happy birthday to Logan & Ellie. Savor every minute...before you know it, they'll be in double digits! Enjoy the Wii, our arms get sore from playing it so much; what a good workout, eh? I'm sure he was as excited as we were to receive our Atari 2600 back in the day! How far things have come and yet how they stay the same!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Kiddos! That cupcake cake is so neat Mindy- ;)

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Kiddos! That cupcake cake is so neat Mindy- ;)