Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Swim Lessons

We are in our 4th year of swim lessons for Logan and 3rd for Ellie. We take them thru the local community rec center. They do a great job and I feel like the kids have learned a lot. Logan is becoming quite a competent swimmer learning different strokes like freestyle, backstroke, elementary backstroke and butterfly.

This is Logan's classmates and teacher before class. He's wearing the orange swim shirt and goggles.
Here he is swimming very intently as you can see from his tongue hanging out!
Ellie's in her first class by herself. For the past 2 summers as long as I've had to take Logan to class I decided Ellie may as well be in one too. So we did the Parent/Tot classes together. I really think they helped prepare her for this year's class.
This is Ellie with her classmates and 2 teachers before class began. Ellie's in the pink swimshirt.
Here she is learning to float on her back with airplane arms.
They love to swim and be in the water as I do, so teaching them to swim has always been a top priority for me. They are both doing great and I couldn't be more proud!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Logan looks like his big cousin Daniel with his tongue hanging out like that. Daniel does that whenever he's concentrating on something.

Jennifer said...

Water babies!!

Shannan Riemer said...

Nice!