Sunday, July 27, 2008

Black Apple dolls

These are dolls that Erica introduced us to. She found them in Martha Stewart Living magazine and decided that we all needed to make some. So we did so at a few girls night get-togethers. It was fun. I made 2 dolls, a "Logan and Ellie".
I picked out the material for Ellie's doll. I also decided to give her pig tails.
Logan came with Erica and I to pick out fabric and supplies so he picked out his dolls outfit. He wanted the shirt plain white so he could draw a design on it. I had to do a few modifications to the boy doll so that his legs looked like pants and not tights. I also gave him spiky hair and open eyes upon request. Of course once Ellie saw that Logan's doll's eyes were open she wanted hers open too, so I had to do that after I'd already drawn on closed eyes. I think they both look cute though.

Erica has become quite the black apple doll junkie. I'm not sure what her count is up to now, but I'd guess it's around 10 or so. She just loves making them. Good for her. It's nice to find a hobby you really enjoy.
Here are a few of the dolls Erica made. I think these are the first 3 she did. By the way, Grace drew the face on the one on the left in case you were wondering. Not bad for a 4 year old!

Here's a shot of her sewing at one of our get-togethers. Good times. I do have to say that all of this sewing made us feel a little old and "fuddy- duddy". But, who cares right? We had fun. We have to let our creative juices flow sometime.





3 comments:

Shannan Riemer said...

They look really cute, I really need to learn to sew!

Nicole said...

Those dolls are really cute! I'm impressed. I can barely sew on a button!

Jennifer said...

I love em, and Lisa made one for Charlize for her Birthday. So cute!!!