Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Have no fear, Barack's still here!!

That's right. For all the big headlines that Hillary's making about "winning" 3 out of 4 primaries, the truth is that's nothing has really changed. Here's a quote from an email I received from the Obama campaign.
Our projections show the most likely outcome of yesterday's elections will be that Hillary Clinton gained 187 delegates, and we gained 183.
That's a net gain of 4 delegates out of more than 370 delegates available from all the states that voted.

The task for the Clinton campaign yesterday was clear. In order to have a plausible path to the nomination, they needed to score huge delegate victories and cut into our lead.
They failed.

I think that pretty much sums it up! Obama's still our man. Have faith everyone!!! Stay strong and true to the path that we are treading. It's a long road, but together we can do it!!

I'll admit, yesterday morning I was a little disheartened by all the press saying, "Hillary did it, she won Texas and Ohio, she's still in it!" The truth is (as I stated above) that it's much more complicated than that. I'm just upset that the Democrats are going to be warring with each other for a lot longer. I'm tired of that and I think it weakens the Democratic nominee whoever it turns out to be.
The last few weeks have been tiring. It's hard to watch all this unfold when you start to really care about one of the candidates. I can only try and imagine what the candidates themselves and their families must be going through. And the thought of this going on for 8 more months is awful. That's why I was really hoping Tuesday would end it for Hillary and we could move on to a real debate with McCain.
Ok, that's enough about Obama for a while. I just felt like I needed to sum up my feelings and the truth about what happened in Tuesday's primaries. I promise my next few blogs will be about my family and not politics!!

1 comments:

Shannan Riemer said...

He won all the TEXAS delegates!!
Go OBAMA!