Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Break (part 1)

I'm going to have to do this in stages since I have so much to catch everyone up on. I'm going to start with our visit with Stu's family in Houston. Well, let me backtrack a little.
On Thursday night before spring break I was watching TV and I noticed I had quite a sore throat and headache. I also felt a little feverish, so I got up to take my temp and some advil. I had like 100 or something and didn't think too much of it. That night I woke up around 4 am feeling awful. I had a 102 fever. I got up and took some more medicine and then lay there awake and miserable for about an hour until I could go back to sleep. Stu had to take Logan to school, but then I had to get up and get Ellie ready for school so Stu could take her too. Then I literally spent the rest of the day in bed. I was miserable. It was awful. I laid there either sleeping or feeling so bad I couldn't move not even wanting to watch TV. The whole time I was worrying about the rest of the day. I was still supposed to watch kids after school. There was just no way. My fever never went below 101 all day, no matter what medicine I took. Stu had to come home early and pick up Ellie and then pick up the kids after school and take care of them for me. I was very grateful to have him be able to fill in for me like that. It was the first time that I've needed a "sub " and hopefully the last. At least for a while. The good news was that by Saturday morning the fever, which had gone up to 104 overnight was gone. I felt sooo much better. We were supposed to leave for Houston Saturday afternoon, but decided to wait until Sunday morning to leave instead.

So Sunday morning we left. We had fun in Houston. We went for a walk Sunday afternoon on a trail behind Stu's mom's house. While we were walking the kids picked flowers and we even found a turtle. It was so cute. The kids named him Timothy. We carried him back down to the water and let him go.

We also went to the playground by Grandma's house. The weather was great and the kids had a great time playing.

We also got to play Stu's brother's Wii. It was really fun and of course Logan wants one for his birthday. We'll be accepting donations to raise the money for it. Ha ha. Just kidding... maybe. We all played the bowling game one night. It was great and Logan beat me, Stu and Grandma. When we get one (notice I say when and not if) we'll have to have girls night here and play. It's a blast!

We also got to visit Stu's grandparents. Yes, he still has all of his grandparents. Lucky, I know. We visited Grandma Cindy's parents MeMaw and Paw Paw. They're great people and love the kids a bunch (0f course). We went to a restaurant in Tomball called Mel's. They have great food (burgers and home style food). The kids both had chicken and dumplings, yummy! Too bad I didn't take my camera.

Logan, Stu and Stu's dad went to a Rockets game too. They had a great time.

Our trip to Houston turned out very well. We love visiting all the family there. The kids really look forward to going to Grandma's house. Can't wait until our next trip!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad ya'll had so much fun. That's really cool you found a baby turtle. I can't wait to hear more. :)

Nicole said...

Hey Mindy, Glad you're feeling better! ...From your cousin's "Wii-loving" wife! :)Gosh, we love the Wii!!