Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!!!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had a happy Easter! We did. We went over to Erica and Ray's house for brunch and an egg hunt and wound up staying for dinner too!! The kids sure have fun together. That's something I'm really glad about. I grew up seeing my cousins almost every month at my grandparents and I always loved getting together for our family party's. I'm so glad my kids and Erica's are close in age and proximity so they can grow up together.




On Friday Logan, Ellie and I went to Erica's and dyed eggs and played all day. We wound up with 4 dozen dyed eggs! When Ray came home he was raking leaves and the kids just had to play with them so they buried Carter in a pile! It was cute!




Saturday we went to Karate and lunch, like always and then we went to Petsmart. Logan won a 1 gallon aquarium from his math-a-thon at school and we told him we'd get a fish for it. So we went and picked out a pretty blue Betta which Logan has named Zack. The tank and everything are nice, not too big or complicated. So now that ups our pet count to 5 (if you include the sea monkeys).

That evening we went to the 5pm Easter service at our church, Gateway. It was neat. They told the story of the prodigal son in a musical format using U2 songs. I love our church! It's so cool! They're always doing stuff you wouldn't expect. And they have an awesome kids program there. Free coffee, a rock band and pastors who wear flip flops- what's not to love?


Easter Sunday we woke up to find the Easter bunny had left baskets for the kids and hidden eggs all over the living room. My kids get really excited about this every year. They really liked that the Easter bunny had wrapped their baskets in plastic, thus making them seem way more special (I guess). Then we got ready and went over to the Yakes to eat and have an egg hunt. On the menu was breakfast casserole, spiral cut ham, fresh baked bread, fresh fruit, deviled eggs, memosas, pie, cookies and candy of course. The kids had a great time and so did we.

My crazy mom decided to get some chicks and bunnies for the kids to play with. They loved it of course. The chicks she got were dyed all different colors (weird, I know). She had 4 bunnies including 2 lop eared bunnies. They have to be some of the cutest things on the planet. It seems as though my mom's going to have quite the barnyard happening in her back yard!



Friday was my Dad's 71st birthday so we decided to celebrate it on Sunday when we were all together. We took the kids on Friday to Dollar Tree so they could pick him out some presents. They love doing this. They really seem to feel a sense of pride giving gifts that they picked out themselves. I made him an apple pie with splenda since he's diabetic and it was delicious!

It was a great weekend of Family and fun! Hope yours was too!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What great pictures! I LOVE the chicks and bunnies. I'm glad ya'll had such a good time!

Nicole said...

I remember my grandpa used to get us those colored or dyed easter chicks, too. I thought they were the coolest things ever! Glad you guys had a great Easter. BTW...that pie looks so good!

Shannan Riemer said...

What a great blog. Congratulations to Logan for winning a fish tank at the math a thon. I wish my sisters lived close to me so we could spend endless hours together..you and Erica have such a beautiful relationship.
Happy Easter!