Monday, September 21, 2009

Our night on the town!

On Friday we were lucky enough to be able to use a friend's downtown condo while he's out of town. We had big plans. We were going to party like rock stars! Well, thirty-something Mom rock stars at least! Erica, Lisa and I left Erica's around 4:30 so we'd have plenty of time to get ready, etc. Of course, it took us much longer than expected to actually get there. But we got ready and decided to take a few pictures on the balcony before we lost the light. I only have the one's Lisa took of me. I also took some of her, perhaps she'll post them. Erica as well.





I was pretty happy with these. I've needed a new pic for facebook forever! Thanks Lisa!




This one was a self portrait of the 3 of us (in case you couldn't tell!)


Sammy and Melissa came by and picked us up to go have some drinks and apps! We finally decided on the Roaring Fork which is below the Stephen F. Austin Hotel. Well they had like a 90 minute wait, so instead we went upstairs to the hotel's bar and sat on the patio which looks over Congress Ave. There we met up with Amanda, Mary and Sammy's friend Becca. It was awesome. The weather was perfect. My only complaint was that the drinks were pretty over priced! But the apps were yummy!


I really liked this one of Erica with the Capitol behind her.


After we left there we went to a karaoke bar around the corner that had private karaoke suites. Which basically means a room with a big sectional and a TV! It was fun though. I never would have sung so much in front of other people.

By about midnight I think, some of our group were turning back into pumpkins, so they left. Erica, Lisa, Mary and I however were not ready to throw in the towel! So we walked over to 4th street to find a more appropriate crowd. We decided to go in a bar, have 1 drink, then move on to another. We picked Fado first. We went in, found a little table nestled in the back and were almost immediately attacked by a large, very drunk dude. The waiter was kind enough to help us out and pretended to be Erica's husband, so that the drunk dude would move on. It was pretty funny. We wound up spending more time in Fado then we had planned. Before we knew it, it was time to walk Mary to her bus. Her apartment complex has a shuttle to downtown every other weekend. Pretty cool, huh? No drunk drivers at least.

Anyway, we were a little early and Lisa needed to pee. So we walked up and down the street looking for an open place. Since it was after 2 everyone was closed. We were tired and hungry (Roppolo's pizza stand was calling our name!). Mary's bus turned out to be like 30 minutes late and by 3 AM it was nearly impossible to catch a cab. But, we finally got one. Yay! Back to the condo at last. We didn't put our heads down to sleep until almost 4 AM!! I can't even remember the last time I went to bed that late. I knew I would pay the next day (when I was going to take care of Erica's kids! I know, not a good plan!). But it wasn't that bad after all. Thank goodness for Power shots!

I really don't know how people do that kind of thing all the time. I mean it was fun, but it was expensive and exhausting! I think we were all thankful for our husbands and our families after seeing how the other half lives! Dave, let us know next time your out of town- maybe in a few months I'll be ready to go again!

3 comments:

Shannan Riemer said...

I had so much fun but we must do it again. soon.
Love the pic of you with the downtown!

Lisa said...

I love the first picture of you! I had a great time too!

Jennifer said...

Love the pictures Mindy!!! :)