Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our Block Party

Yesterday some of our neighbors organized a block party for our section of our neighborhood. It was at our "pocket park" down the street. Lots of people came. It was a Mexican potluck. We ate and socialized. The kids played and there was even a pinata.

We were watching Grace and Carter for Erica and Ray who were at the UT game, so they got to come with us and spend the night.



Logan hit the pinata so hard it fell down!


This morning the kids went out first thing and started catching lizards. Geckos to be exact. Grace is fearless. She will chase them down and fish them out of the little cracks and crevices they love to cower in. I was just proud my kids were willing to hold them. I still won't even do that! One they caught was tiny. So tiny I'd actually go so far as to say it was cute. I still wouldn't hold it. The second one was pretty big. That didn't bother her at all though!




We had a great time with them. Everyone went to bed just fine. They all slept this morning until after 7! Carter didn't get up until after 8! I think I see many more "cousin sleep-overs" in our future!

0 comments: