Friday, January 18, 2008

Some hard days and our trip to the Museum.


Whew! I've had a few hard days lately with my kids. Logan has turned being a pest to his sister into an art form and Ellie just won't stop pooping in her panties. I don't know what to do with either of them. The other night I was so worn out with both of them that I literally wanted to cry. I try really hard to always "do the right thing" as a mom and to teach them how to be good human beings and not little spoiled brats. Sometimes it seems like my efforts are futile. What to do? Is this just a phase we must all go through? Logan gets so angry and defiant. Sometimes I feel like I am invisible and mute when I'm talking to him as he completely ignores me. That's when I get a bad temper myself. Perhaps I'm teaching him this behavior? (My lovely husband suggested this to me) I don't know. I just pray to God (often) to give me strength and wisdom to get through this before we move on to the next "phase", whatever that will be! Life is an adventure, isn't it? And Ellie, well, I've reached the end of my rope with her. I literally don't know what else to do. I feel like an ostrich sticking my head in the sand and just hoping that one day she'll stop. Any advice or tips? Anyone? Please!!!

I digress... Today we were off from school (teacher work day) so Stu stayed home and we wanted to do something fun, so we decided to go to the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum and an Imax movie. We've never been to either. The museum was fun. Logan really liked it. Ellie did too, but she wasn't as interested as Logan. It's big and there's a lot to see. I snapped 2 pictures before someone told me there were no cameras allowed. Ooops! They need some signs up or something! Anyway we walked around the whole thing and then went to see our movie. We watched Sea Monsters 3D. It was really cool. Logan loved it. The 3D part was awesome. There was something coming out at you like every 30 seconds! Ellie pretty much kept her 3D glasses off the whole time and was kind of scared of it, but she survived without any major problems.


Also, just a little heads up for you barbecue fans out there, we tried to go to John Mueller's BBQ today which used to be at Manor Rd and Dean Keaton, but it's gone! We were sad as we had read and heard great things about their BBQ. We wound up going to Pei Wei which was just fine with me and the kids (Stu's not as big a fan as I am) and I had my delicious Chicken Teriaki bowl with brown rice, Yummm!


Best of all, after we got home I went and laid down on my bed (since I just couldn't take any more of my kids at the time) and Stu actually let me take like a 2 hour nap! It was heavenly!! So I guess today turned out to be pretty good even though the weather was simply awful! I hate being cold, but being cold and wet is the worst! I am ready for spring!! Too bad we can't just hibernate, huh?

3 comments:

erica said...

Hang in there, sis. Your kids are going through their own little phases. It's not your fault. Stay the course. Do what you know is right. Things will work out.

Lisa said...

Oh no! I thought it got easier when they got older? Say it ain't so!

You are a great mom and I know these hard days will be gone in no time!

Shannan Riemer said...

On the brighside, Once your kids grow out of this phase you will have tons of wisdom and advise for the rest of us:)