Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Excuses, excuses... plus my new hair!

Ok, I know it's been a while again! I've heard from Erica that I'm not doing a good job being a blogger, but I'm trying- really (well, I'll try harder, ok). The week after Christmas that we were all home was really draining. It should have been nice and easy especially since Stu was home the whole time, but it wasn't. It's really hard having everyone home all day and trying to play catch up on cleaning up and organizing all the new stuff we got for Christmas. Pretty much the only time I have to blog is at night when the kids go to bed and I'm usually just so tired that I go lay on my bed and watch TV and then I don't want to get up and do anything. I keep bugging Stu about getting wireless Internet and a laptop. The other day I found out that we have his old laptop from work that's just sitting around not being used. It's a travesty I say. Now I just have to figure out this whole wireless Internet thing and maybe I can get on the computer more easily! Also, I've been watching the show "Mad Men" that I had recorded on Tivo. I have the whole season recorded and it's been quite addictive so that's been eating into my blogging time as well. Enough excuses- let's get to the good stuff.

Monday the kids went back to school! Woo hoo!! Boy was I ready for that. I spent the entire kid free day 9:30 to 1:45 cleaning and organizing. I'm proud to say that I took 4 garbage sacks full of toys, clothes and shoes to Goodwill on my way to pick up Ellie that day! Yay! I still have a long way to go, but it feels so freeing to get rid of some of that useless stuff that was weighing me down. And I managed to get the house pretty clean (I even mopped) and I did ALL my laundry! I mean it- there were not any dirty clothes left anywhere! The new washer is making me much more efficient in that regard.

Tuesday we went to Erica's to play. Not much to report about that except that in the afternoon after school my kids were awful. They were both really whiny and crying and stuff and it was really stressful. But, I made it thru. (That's my excuse for not blogging last night)

Today was my big day. I took Logan to school then came home, showered and got Ellie ready for school. After I dropped her off I went straight over to Target and Ross. I really wanted to get a couple of new things. I wound up with a dress, shoes, black pants, a pair of capris and 2 shirts... all for $70. Not bad, I'd say. Then I went to see Erin at Halina's to get my hair cut. I've been wanting to get it done for a while- ever since I saw the Oprah where they did hair makeovers on all those women. I was just so tired of my non-existent hair style. She said I was a blank canvas, and I know that I was. So we talked about what I wanted and didn't want and then she did her thing. I really like it. She is amazing! Right after that I stopped by Erica's to show her and she took this picture for me. Not bad, huh? Really anything would have been an improvement, but I really like it. Now we'll just have to see if I can fix it too!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I love your hair! You look so pretty!

scoop said...

I love your hair. I think it is the perfect cut for you!

Shannan Riemer said...

I love it!!!

Jennifer said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Stu is going to jump your bones!

erica said...

Finally, a blog entry. I think you can definitely consider your hair a BIG HIT! Erin is wonderful!