Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Organizing... the saga continues.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Monday's are always a mixture of stress and relief. The relief is that the kids are back to school so I can finally get the house back in shape for the week and get some things done. The stress is that I always have a lot to do and I can't really enjoy the fact that I'm home alone. I felt a little scattered yesterday since I didn't have a "game plan" for the day already mapped out. There were some things that had to be done like laundry, dishes, etc., but I didn't have a "project" for the day in mind. Usually when this happens I wind up wasting a lot of time figuring out what to do and getting distracted with other things. But I did get a couple of things done. I finally put all my kids DVD's into a big CD case so I don't have a million DVD cases scattered all over the top of the TV. When I took them all out of the cabinet to organize them I was astonished at how many we had accumulated in the last 6 1/2 years. Really it's been more like 4 years because Logan didn't start watching anything until he was about 2 1/2. Don't roll your eyes, I'm not some kind of freak that wouldn't let him near the TV or something, he just wouldn't watch it- ever. By the time he finally did start watching it I was sooo relieved. There are just certain times, like when your cooking for instance, that you need a few minutes of distraction. Anyway, I counted yesterday and we have about 70 kid movies! I know that's crazy. I had no idea. At least they are organized now. I can't tell you how it feels to look at the TV and not see DVD cases strewn everywhere. It's great!

Also, I cleaned out my cup cabinet again. I did this not too long ago (within the last year) and I couldn't believe how many cups we had accumulated again. It's amazing. I wound up getting rid of about 20 Rudy's cups alone! I'm going to try really hard not to let that happen again!
I still have a lot more to do, but little by little I'm organizing and making my life less complicated. It's such a relief.
I also had to include a pic of Ellie in her butterfly wings from Pier One. Isn't she sweet?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good job Momma! I love your Butterfly!

Lisa said...

Great job Mindy! Ellie is sooo cute! She looks just like her momma.

Shannan Riemer said...

Looks like were both nesting!
Ellie is a doll!