Monday, October 29, 2007

Can Sea World handle the Pfreaks?


Yes, I'm happy to say it can. And yes, we all wore brown shirts and blue jeans. I'm not exactly sure how that happened, but anyway... We went to Sea World on Sunday and had a fantastic time. The weather was great! And I'm happy and proud to say, so were the kids. I really couldn't have asked for more.

Not to mention the fact that Stuart had snagged us free passes from his friend at work! We got there just before noon, having stopped to eat first so as not to break the bank on crappy overpriced food at Sea World. We came armed with a backpack filled with water, juice and snacks. Yes, I know you're not supposed to bring in food, but the guy who searched our bag didn't seem to mind and considering the fact that a bottled water there was like $3, it was well worth it. Now I'm going to sound a bit like my Dad here, but that place is a total racket. If we would have paid the actual admission it would have been $178.96 pre-tax (I'm not sure if it's taxed), I don't know about you , but that's crazy!!!! Plus the $10 to park. Dont' get me started on a place that charges that much to get in and then has the audacity to charge for parking too. I mean it's not like your going to go park there and then not go in. It's in the freaking middle of nowhere and there's no other way to get there, shuttle, etc. I digress... Especially with little kids, you are running a big risk of someone having a melt down and having to completely abort. I just kept seeing all these people there and the $$$ were running thru my head! That being said, everything went really smoothly for us. We saw every bit of every show and didn't leave until 6:45 having only purchased 1 bag of popcorn and 1 small toy for each kid totaling about $25. Not bad I'd say.

We had reserved a hotel room thinking that we would be really tired and not want to drive all the way back to P'ville after a full day of fun, but we hadn't told the kids. They are total hotel freaks. They love to stay in hotels. I packed up our stuff the night before after they'd gone to bed and put it in the car without them knowing. After we left the park, we stopped to eat dinner at Rudy's (right outside Sea World) and when we were done eating we asked, "how would you like it if we went and stayed at a hotel, instead of going home?" Logan's first response was, "But we don't have any pajamas." So cute. That's when I told him that we did and it was a surprise. They were so excited, they jumped up and down and hugged both of us. It was great!
We had a fantastic time and it's definitley going to be a great memory for all of us!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It is amazing how we end up sounding just like our parents, isnt it?! Great pics Mindy! Sounds like the perfect trip-

Lisa said...

It looks like ya'll had a great time! How fun! I can't wait until my boys are big enough to go to Sea World and enjoy it. :)

erica said...

You may sound like dad a little, but you're out there with your kids at Sea World. That's the important thing. I never want our kids to miss out on things just because they're complicated or crowded. That's part of the fun!