Friday, October 26, 2007

A day in the life.

Warning:
This blog is rated BG- MA and is intended for maternal audiences only.
(reader discretion advised- The following events are real. There has been no embellishment or bending of the truth. Proceed with caution, especially those without children)

Why don't I blog more? I'll tell you why. My life is crazy. Sometimes I feel like I'm running a marathon that never ends. It's like a race from the moment I get up, until the kids go to sleep (and sometimes it extends into the night with wake-ups, night pees ( in the bed), etc.

Example: Thursday- This day actually started at about 1 am. I had just gotten home from Lisa's at 12:30 and was trying to fall asleep when Logan came into my room. I got up and took him back to his room where he told me that he needed the heating pad. (He gets growing pains in his legs sometimes and the heating pad helps.)

Back to bed.

5:30 am, Ellie's crying. I get up and rush into her room because I don't want her to wake Logan. I try to lay down with her, but she's awake, so I take her to my bed around 6 and put on cartoons for her while I try to sleep a little more.

6:45 Logan comes in all wild, wooly and full of fleas (as my mom would say) -I get up and get him ready for school.

We spend the next 45 minutes prodding him repeatedly to eat, pee, get dressed, comb hair, and brush teeth. All the while I get dressed and get Ellie dressed and pack Logan's lunch... ok, I think we're ready.

7:30 I decide to drive today since I'm tired and it's cold.

7:50 Back home, feed Ellie and myself, put on show for her, go back to bed and snooze. Stuart's getting ready for work. I hear Ellie playing, Stu tells me he's leaving then calls in that Ellie has pooped her underwear. Great, I'll get up in just a second and take care of that.

7:52 Ellie walks in, "Mommy, some of my poop just fell down my pants leg". Fabulous. This day's really getting off to a great start.

Get cleaned up, take shower. Erica invites us over.

9:30 We go. That's nice. I do get a little relaxation there. Grace and Ellie are playing outside, Grace comes in, "Aunt Mindy, Ellie peed on the porch." Okie dokie.

1:30, back home. Have to get everything in order for After school kids. Clean house, etc.

2:45 leave to pick up kids- back by 3:15

4 pm All kids are gone (pretty early today). I Remember Logan has birthday party at 5:15 at Pump it Up. Do homework. Wrap gift.

5:10 homework done, Stu's home. Ask him to take Logan to party. Stu pouts, but does it. Realize that I don't have anything ready to make for dinner. Make Ellie and me bean a cheese tacos.

6 pm Put on show for Ellie so I can check email, blog, etc.

6:20 Ellie comes in and asks if I smell poop? No, did you poop? Yes. And pee? Yes. All over living room floor. (Thank God for tile)

(you wouldn't think this is such a complicated device to use. But apparrently, it is)

6:23 give Ellie bath.

7 pm Brush Ellie's teeth. Read books in bed.

7:30 leave Ellie's room. Hear her yelling that I left.

7:35 Stu and Logan are home. Go help get Logan ready for bed.

7:50 Stu puts Logan to bed, hopefully for the entire night. I think Ellie's asleep since I haven't heard her in a while. I'm ready for bed too. My brain is a pool of mushy goo. You wouldn't believe how many typos I've had to correct in this book I'm writing.


Finally Asleep. This is the goal I'm shooting for and looking forward to pretty much all day- most of the time.

All that and it will start over again in a few short hours. Mind numbing isn't it. And yet, through all the muck life throws at us, we still have to appreciate those few fleeting moments with these little miracles we call kids. Like, tonight as I was lying there in the dark with Ellie and she reached out and touched my face and said, "I love you so much, Mommy", it made it worth all the pee and poop I had to wade thru today.

As an aside, we don't usually have so many pee and poop issues in a single day. Today, was particularly difficult in that regard. But it's always something, isn't it? Guess we can only wait and see what tomorrow brings...

3 comments:

Shannan Riemer said...

what?? kids poop their pants?

erica said...

My God! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. You really have a gift for this blogging thing.

scoop said...

This is a awesome birth control. Or as you can imagine, it makes me want to get a nanny hired on before I even get pregnant. Priceless!