Thursday, January 6, 2011

Frank

I'm getting a little worried about my old basset hound, Frank. He turned 13 in October and his health has been declining for a while. The last 2 weeks or so though, he's been acting very strange. He wanders around the house a lot and just seems confused. Can dogs get Alzheimer's? On top of all that he's deaf and has a hard time getting around. He falls down sometimes especially on the tile. What to do?

I think another trip to the vet is in order. But what will happen? The last time we went I was worried about the same thing and that was over a year ago. Maybe they can help him without it being too big a deal? He's just so annoying. He wakes us up a LOT at night now. It's getting to be a problem. I know we're suffering, but is he? Hard to say. Dogs don't complain a lot. He's got to be suffering some though. Uuugghhh!


Aren't they cute laying on the rug like that? You'd think I'd posed them. But they did it on their own! Look at that lovely, fat cat, Jack! He's magnificent! Too bad he likes to poop on the garage floor. We got him a new litter box hoping that will help. We'll see...

I'll keep you posted on Frank. I think a trip to the vet is imminent.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awwwww. I am sure there must be some sort of Dog Alzheimers. Poor baby. :(

Lisa said...

Maybe your vet will do a two for one special? Frank and Morgan?

scoop said...

There's all kind of things you can do from a joint perspective if you want to give him supplements. You'll have to ask the vet though; it may be fixable or it may not. I wonder if 13 is old for a Bassett?