Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The book- Water for Elephants

So I wanted to read the book before the movie comes out in April. Luckily for me, the book's been out long enough and there's not that much press for the movie yet that I was able to find it relatively easily at the library. Which was good for me since I got it and was finished with it the next day. It was really good! And I liked being able to picture the actors who are playing the characters while I read rather than making them up myself.

As for my "review", 4 stars!! Definitely worth your time!!


Before I could find Water for Elephants to read, I came across Sara Gruen's latest book Ape House. It's about a scientist who works with Bonobo Apes. I had recently heard about these apes on Oprah. They are amazing and can communicate with humans through American Sign Language and lexicons on a large board or computer. It's unbelievable. The author did a ton of research on them for the book so it's really very educational as well as entertaining. I really enjoyed it.
Although I have to admit, I would probably have liked it better being able to picture Rob Pattinson in the lead male role like I did in Water for Elephants!! Ha!

1 comments:

Annalynn said...

Good to know! I'll add it to my TBR list before the movie comes out.