Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Our beach vacation and NASA

( View from the deck one morning!)

We went on a week long beach vacation to Galveston last week. It was amazing! Ray's friend has a beach house that he is kind enough to let us use. It's a beautiful house and we were very thankful to use it. It's on a canal, so there was always something to see looking out at the water.
We spent a lot of our time sitting in the swings and chairs down below the deck, just feeling the nice breezes.

It's a 3 bedroom, so we decided to ask Stu's mom, Cindy, to come too! She's great and we love her! I'm glad she was able to come and hopefully she had a good time!


We had a great time at NASA while we were there. There was so much to see that we got season passes and are going back in a few weeks!

Here we are in the car on the way. Yes, we all rode in 1 car!


Carter in his "too cool" sunglasses.



We're on the tram going on the tour to "mission control". This is the actual mission control room they used from the 60's all the way until 1995! Cool!This is a model of the Saturn V rocket that we actually got to see.
Here it is!! Amazing. It was so enormous it was difficult to comprehend.
Just the engines alone (there were 5) were HUGE!

My little astronauts!!

I'm going to continue with the beach pics in another post!! This one is too big!

3 comments:

erica said...

You got good house and NASA pics. I like the model of the Saturn V. So cool.

Lisa said...

How fun! I bet the kids loved it. I remember going to NASA when I was little. Great pictures!

scoop said...

Love the pics; I had no idea the houses were on the canal like that. I also didn't know that Nasa was that interesting. Will have to put that on my list!